Myanmar's military is limiting critically needed humanitarian aid for earthquake victims in areas where it sees opposition to its rule, the United Nations human rights office said.
Myanmar’s military has continued to launch airstrikes and other attacks against opposition forces in the devastated country, one week since a 7.7 magnitude earthquake struck and despite agreeing to a ceasefire,
So far, 2,886 people have been reported dead in Myanmar and another 4,639 injured, according to state television MRTV, but local reports suggest much
Myanmar's ostracised junta chief met the leaders of India and Thailand during a regional summit in Bangkok on Friday, and the U.N. said his military was limiting humanitarian aid following the earthquake that killed over 3,
A joint statement issued by the Quad, which groups India, Australia, Japan and the US, welcomed “recent commitments to temporary, partial ceasefires”
Two survivors have been pulled from under the rubble of collapsed buildings in Myanmar, more than five days after the country was struck by a devastating 7.7 magnitude earthquake.
Explore more
Myanmar's junta leader Min Aung Hlaing will leave his disaster-stricken country for a rare trip to a regional summit this week, Thailand said, as aid groups called for restrictions to be eased to reach more survivors of a devastating earthquake.
The military government has declared a partial ceasefire to allow relief efforts in, with teams from India, China, Singapore and Thailand on the ground.